16 May Hotel Automation
Home automation is the discipline that deals with the analysis of technologies aimed at improving the quality of life at home. This is the application of information technology and electronics to home management, able to interact with the elements, equipment and electronic systems of the house, by simplifying management.
A home automation system involves multiple elements and devices in the house, putting them in communication with each other in order to create the “smart home”.
And Hotel domotics?
The application of traditional home automation to accommodation facilities is the so-called hotel automation (also called room automation). Unlike a private home, domotics focuses in tourism not only on the comfort of the guest, but above all on the tranquility and savings of those who manage the facility.
The domotics in the tourism field allows identifying guests and staff through the installation of devices in the rooms and common areas, in order to allow maximum security and all those automatisms necessary to make the guest’s stay comfortable.
From the ownership/management point of view, the home automation system allows control over what happens, over the automatic provision of services even while you are away, in favor of a drop in energy waste and consequent cutting of bills and personnel’s precious time.
In the case of a hotel with annual opening, for example, regardless of the number of bookings received, it must still bear significant costs, i.e. fixed costs for the energy costs of the common areas and – not least – of the staff.
Advantages of hotel domotics
Without particular requirements in terms of installation preparation, our solutions allow the guest to:
- access the room or common areas of the facility (parking, SPA, etc.) by means of an RFID card or smartphone (access control);
- enable the room utilities, the light sources, automate the shutters, repeat alarms or call the staff (room automation);
- limit energy waste by intervening on the use of air conditioning by the guest, switching it off if the window is open or limiting the operation if the guest is absent (energy saving);
- monitor the system in real time, save events and allow control from remote locations (supervision).
Advantages of home automation in the hotel
Without particular requirements in terms of plant arrangements, our solutions allow the guest to:
- autonomously access h24 in the room or in the common areas of the structure (parking, SPA, etc …) through an RFID key, with a PIN, SMS or App ( access control );
- activate room utilities (with RFID card or presence detectors), manage light points, automate roller shutters, repeat alarms or staff calls ( room automation );
- limit energy waste by intervening on the use of air conditioning by the guest, suspending it in case of opening the windows or limiting it in his absence ( energy saving);
- monitor the system in real time, store events and allow them to be controlled from remote locations (supervision).
How are existing plants managed?
By definition, home automation implements a surveillance and coordination of all the existing technology in the structure. A hotel facility – whatever its size – is equipped with multiple electrical, plumbing, thermoregulation and IT systems and a hotel automation system must be able to best support each of them:
- Electronic locks : to use a single RFID key to enter the room with the existing access control system and activate the room with home automation;
- Thermoregulation : radiators, fan coils (3 speeds or 0-10V, 2 or 4 pipes), all centralized air conditioning systems (VRV / VRF) and even single splits (simulating the intelligent operation of their infrared remote control);
- Lighting : management of on / off, dimmable or RGB light points and support for gateways and DALI and DMX protocols;
- Internet of things : integration of market IoT sensors and actuators based on MQTT protocol (Shelly Cloud);
- Management : the interface with the management systems automates the delivery and revocation of keys to guests (RFID or virtual);
- Other: BMS, self-check-in and virtual concierge.
Do I have to renovate or build from scratch?
The adoption of a home automation system, while ensuring a quick return on the investment made (especially in light of the numerous tax breaks ), it certainly implies various considerations and plant arrangements.
This is why our solutions , intelligently adapting to every installation need (even retrofit), reduce to a minimum the room downtime necessary for their adoption. For example: where there are no masonry predispositions (i.e. 503 boxes), or if the opportunity is taken to replace the doors, you can opt for SenseDoor – which installs right on the door frame and is also available standalone (i.e. without software or structured cabling) – or for Mirror , which mounts to the wall and is wireless . If the accesses are external to the building or require greater protection from atmospheric or malicious agents, SensePad , a keypad with a waterproof and anti-vandal RFID reader, is also available. Our solutions are designed to be modular and can be updated over time precisely to allow the flexibility to be adopted gradually (by plan or by functionality).
You can think of extending and completing the system a little at a time, perhaps on the occasion of an already planned restyling, or starting with an entry level solution that only provides access control and subsequently implementing the room enabling and temperature control.
Is home automation only for luxury hotels?
Absolutely not! No matter the type of structure, the size or the number of stars: automating accesses, implementing energy saving policies and managing the structure remotely immediately brings significant benefits and allows you to re-enter the investment in a few years carried out.
We invite you to scroll through the our realizations in the world , to see the heterogeneity of the systems we have automated so far ( B & amp; B , Guest House , Residence , Hostels < / strong> , Hotel from 1 to 5 stars, Student residences , Tourist Villages , Hospitals and Sports Centers ).