16 May Home automation without preparations
The words domotics and smart home are now on everyone’s lips. This technology – or even better “set of technologies” – has also arrived in the tourism sector, specializing in the functions of access control, energy saving and room automation.
Is home automation “plug & play”?
Installing a home automation system has considerable plant implications, such as creating chases in walls, laying corrugated pipes, electrical connections, installing equipment in the control panel or in the false ceiling and more. This type of work, besides involving the interruption of the activity for long periods of time, is in some cases impossible to carry out (historical dwellings, castles, farms, etc.).
Regardless of the type of accommodation, we have designed genuine solutions for every plant design and installation need, which allow us to avoid important structural interventions, and to reduce costs and downtime.
Where can I install the devices?
- the devices (RFID readers and thermostats) of the Flush-mountseries are installed in box 503 (that box in the wall equipped with a frame that normally contains jacks, plugs and switches);
- the RFID readers of SenseDoorare installed instead on the door frame without intervening on the wall. SenseDoor is also available in a standalone version, namely that it does not require any other infrastructure or software but only the use of master cards;
- Mirror, on the other hand, is completely installed on the wall and only requires 230VAC power supply because it is based on wireless communication (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi);
- if the accesses are outside the building or need greater protection from atmospheric agents or break-ins, SensePad is also available (a keyboard with waterproof and anti-vandal RFID reader).
How do the devices communicate?
Except for standalone systems (SensePad and SenseDoor Standalone version), which operate independently, home automation devices (such as those of the Flush-Mount and SenseDoor series) usually require an RS485 communication bus to be monitored and controlled by the supervision software.
Our solutions are also able to:
- communicate with wireless sensors or Enocean series battery (for example for window opening sensors, SOS bathroom tie-rods, thermostats, buttons for switching on the lights);
- communicate with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi sensors and actuators, thanks to Mirror;
How to test them?
The cost of qualified personnel on site often exceeds the cost of supplying the product to be installed or tested.
We have designed our products to be installed independently and tested even without our intervention on site.
99% of the systems that we install every year, from the smallest and simplest to the most complex models, from the nearest to the farthest, are remotely tested. This means big savings for the customer!
Our intervention on site is necessary only in rare cases, and it is a pleasure for us to be able to train the staff in the use of our solutions.
Is there technical support?
Our after-sales technical assistance department is always available 24/7, to provide information, recommendations and solutions for the best operation of the system.
All maintenance, replacement or addition of devices, diagnostics and even software updates can be performed via Internet